Saturday, August 25, 2012

Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto.

I might be a robot. There, I said it. Is it just me or are the "prove-you're-not-a-robot" Captcha codes getting hard to decipher? I'm all for cutting back on spammy McSpam but come on. You know what I'm talking about, right? The ones that look like this:

WTF does that even say???
 The pictures of the numbers are easy enough to read but the words? Well, they're not even words sometimes! I can't pick out all the letters and I have no word-recognition to help me through. And no, I don't need glasses. I'm wearing them and they're not even smudgy! So I must conclude that I am most likely a robot. And not just because I've got some junk in my trunk! I need to go power down and let my fuel cells recharge. Good night!

Aunt Fanny

10 comments:

Heather Smith said...

I hate captcha too - but you have it on your comments!!!

Miz Dinah said...

I know! I'm a hypocritical robot. :) Whenever I take it away I get spammy comments. What to do, what to do...

Kristiina said...

I'm on wordpress and use akismet and LOVE it, never get spam. Because I am with you, I hate the captcha's and have to try like 90 times.

jessicarabica said...

Captcha captcha, hop like a bunny! ;)

Beelissa said...

I agree, I hate captchas that are hard to read. I find two hints that help: 1. squint or relax the focus on my eyes, tip my head, try to look at it differently somehow (hard to explain what I mean), or 2. ask one of my kids. They can usually read it when I can't. So maybe I'm a robot but they're not :-)

I have a capcha that just says "confirm you are a real person" with a box to check, but I can't remember what it's called.

Courtney @ Our Small Moments said...

Ha! I have been working on a rant like post JUST like this! I hate the prove you are not a robot codes! I always get them wrong and often leave the site after 3 attempts! Great post! Found you on Sharefest

Erin @ The Grass Skirt said...

Thank you for this! I can never understand the captcha codes or the weird "words" they toss out there.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello I think that your blog is quite nice!

Heather Smith said...

You can change your settings to review all your comments before posting them... more work on the back end for you, but no more captcha

The other option is to add a plug in - I use intense debate (or there's discus and several others) that gives you more control of your comments...

Kate / Pennello Lane said...

Too funny, the blog I just visited before coming to yours had captcha, and I had to try four times before I could get the letters right!