Monday, July 16, 2012

The Turners

Every day at least 6 people drive into our company parking lot to turn around. AT LEAST. We call them The Turners.

"We got another Turner."
"Someone's here...oh wait, just a Turner."
"Is that a courier? Nope it's a Turner."
"#$%^ Turners!"

We are in a slightly industrial part of town. It is not a terribly busy street. It is not a cul-de-sac. There are not many businesses nearby. Our building is clearly marked with our business name. We do not get walk-in traffic as everything is shipped to our customers by courier. So who are these people and why are they turning around? Where are they trying to go? Every day? Every single day?

You cannot confuse our driveway with a road as there is a piece of machinery at the end and a gate (that must remain open for couriers and trucks to come and go). None of these Turners have legitimate business here. They do not need to drive right into our parking lot to turn around. They do not need to drive down the side of our building to turn around. They do not need to pull into our driveway at all to turn around. The wide street has ample space for a large vehicle to make a legal U-turn.Or they could make a right or left turn at the end of the block and go around for heaven's sake.

What. The. Hell. Is wrong with these Turners?

Short of laying a remote-activated spike belt, I don't know how to deter them. I just want to run out there waving my hands like the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons.



Don't even get me started on The Lunch Eaters.

3 comments:

Angela said...

That is cute, 'The Turners'! I am not sure why they would turn around in the lot at your work. I was going to ask if there was a private property sign, but that would probably not deter most people these days. I usually make a u turn in the street when I need to turn around. Although I have been known to pull in someone's driveway to turn around, which I know probably annoys the home owner... So I am guilty myself.

Miz Dinah said...

Oh for sure, I've pulled in a few driveways before to turn around if there's no room on the street or it's too busy. :)

Heather Smith said...

I have to say that I am sometimes a turner... probably not in your neck of the woods but I have a terrible habit of overshooting my mark and often have to turn around in industrial areas...