Saturday, September 4, 2010

What's for Dinner...Sometime Back in August

Salmon Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries and Broccoli Slaw



These are not the sweet potatoes I gave my thumb for. These are frozen and from a bag. Don't judge me. I was hungry and in a hurry. It's actually a pretty healthy meal overall.


Salmon Burgers: Found ground salmon in seafood section, no spices, no additives, already formed into patties so I seasoned with salt, pepper and dill. Fried in pan lightly oiled with grapeseed oil and placed on whole-grain bun with butter lettuce, sliced tomato and cucumber, and Renées cucumber dill dressing. This is a most fabulous dressing.  We once marinated a salmon in it and cooked it on a cedar plank over a fire. Delicious!

Broccoli Slaw: Open bag of Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw. Cheating, I know. But if you saw my post about sharp kitchen implements you would understand. Add a little bit of Kraft Asian Sesame dressing and toss. Crush a small handful of peanuts with a glass because you're too lazy to pull out the mini food processor for a few nuts and garnish. I forgot to sprinkle dried cranberries on top but they add another flavour dimension.

Sweet Potato Fries: Open package of McCain Sweet Potato Superfries and follow directions. I usually buy the Mann's bagged raw sweet potatoes but I was too lazy rushed to get dinner ready. Our concession to eating the processed fries is that we didn't cook the whole package and just had a small portion.

Add a glass of red wine for digestive purposes and voilà! Dinner in 30 minutes. Cheers!

1 comment:

heather@actingbalanced.com said...

looks quick and yummy! craving a good glass of wine... darn you girl... can't have any until ach baby weans... don't know how long...