Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to School Blogging

School starts on Tuesday (for us; I know some schools start earlier). I don't know if this means more time to blog or less.

On the one hand, J-girl will be back in school and I will still be working so our evenings will be spent doing homework, dinner & bedtime rituals. With the addition of homework and the reduction of TV-watching, it will be status quo as far as blogging, ie. very little. However, she is starting a French program that is much more intense than regular classes. This could either challenge or frustrate her, and by association, me.

On the other hand, she's 11 1/2 and much more capable to tending to herself as far as cooking, cleaning and bathing. She is becoming quite social and spends more time visiting and entertaining friends, and talking on the phone, than before. So I may find myself with more free time. I guess it remains to be seen.

I only have one child. I see parent bloggers out there with multiple munchkins and I've got to wonder how they do it.

How do you manage to raise your kids and still blog? Do you work outside the home? Where do you find the time to blog? Inquiring Goginas want to know!

6 comments:

Captain Dumbass said...

If you find out, let me know. My blogging has dropped off since half way through the last pregancy. I've been relying on pictures and Random Tuesdays for 6 months now.

Teri said...

Summer time always makes me lag behind in blogging. I want to enjoy all the fun. Now that my kids are older, blogging during the school year gets easier, though. They like their alone teen time. I dunno.

Brenna said...

I've got three kids and I am lucky that they go to bed fairly early since they are still young. I am also lucky that I don't mind that the laundry isn't always done and the beds aren't made. I also rarely edit, lol.

Squeezing time wherever you can and realizing why you blog can help you decide when you want to write and when you really don't.

(Stopping by from SITS)

Brenna said...

I've got three kids and I am lucky that they go to bed fairly early since they are still young. I am also lucky that I don't mind that the laundry isn't always done and the beds aren't made. I also rarely edit, lol.

Squeezing time wherever you can and realizing why you blog can help you decide when you want to write and when you really don't.

(Stopping by from SITS)

Michele R said...

I have 3 kids and a full-time job and no family around and no housekeeper. I do have a good Hubs. However, I am amazed that I have not gone to the looney bin. Yet.

Miz Dinah said...

Well the bad news is that we have no answers. The good news is that we're not alone! Join me in a little bit of crazy.