Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On the road again...

Just can't wait to...sleep in my own bed tomorrow! We're packed to the gills in my boss's Lincoln Navigator, navigating our way back from an excursion to northern BC. Thank God he let me borrow it; we are 7 people and there is no way I could do the whole drive in one day if we took two cars. It's a 14 hour drive. Plus there is a DVD player for the kids (my daughter, sister and niece). We're on the second showing of Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.

It was our annual Newfie family reunion (anytime we get 20 of us together in one spot it's a reunion) and our Nannie's 80th birthday celebration. Somehow 80% of our family has migrated to northern BC; the other 20% are spread over Newfoundland, Ontario, and BC's lower mainland.

It is so beautiful up here. We have seen several deer, some baby deer, two black bears, some foxes, and as I type this on my Blackberry a moose just wandered across the highway.

I have eaten so much deliciousness on this trip. Good thing I packed the stretchy pants! My sister-in-law made us chicken and dumplings, pancakes and bacon, apple fritters...where there is family, there is food. Or where there is food, you will find our family!

2 comments:

Acting Balanced Mom said...

sounds like a good time was had by all! We start our road trip later this morning - wish me luck :)

Miz Dinah said...

Good luck! Drive safe and have fun!