Sunday, February 21, 2010

And the Award Goes to...

I didn't want to be presumptuous.  I thought I was just getting an honourable mention.  What I didn't realize is that I get to KEEP the award.  I don't even have a speech prepared.  Ahem...I'd like to thank Heather from Acting Balanced for this beautiful award.  I'm so thankful you can't see me right now with my hair tangled in an elastic, legs unshaven, and my eyebrows unbrushed and pencilled.  I don't feel beautiful but I am thrilled that you think my blog is.  Oh, the orchestra is drowning me out and they're ushering me offstage.


Okay, here are the rules:

Instructions for the award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself
5. Nominate 7 bloggers or less
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated.

1. Check.
2. Ditto.
3. See above.
4. Seven interesting things about yours truly:

  • When I write creatively, my nose runs incessantly.
  • I like capri pants. When you're 5' 2" pants are always too long. Plus my ankles get hot.
  • My feet get claustrophobic under tight blankets. When I go to a hotel, the first thing I do is untuck all the sheets and blankets from the foot of the bed.
  • I think Adam Sandler is cute.
  • Sometimes I extend the three-second rule to a good ten seconds. As long is the item is not soft and porous.
  • I really like the McD's Filet-O-Fish, even though I never order it anymore.
  • I have attended seven schools, not including university.

5/6. Seven blogs I truly love (and I'm assuming I can't nominate the person who gave it to me):

Jill from Homemade by Jill - the most amazing craft-creations ever and the first blog I chose to follow.   I am constantly in envy and awe.

Mariah from Manic Mariah - all the mama-drama without the calories, she is a busy mom with a heart of gold.

The Sassy Curmudgeon - if life were measured in eyebrows, hers would be full. Props to you blog-sister, for sharing your humour and childhood trauma.

Fragrant Liar - nothing smells as good as a winding yarn from Texas. She'll give it to you straight.

Jen at Cake Wrecks - oh the cakes we can wreck, if only we try. Eating cake not recommended while reading, because her punny critiques will leave you needing the Heimlich.

Candid Carrie - she'll make you laugh, she'll make you cry, she'll take in your stray cats.

Nanny Goats in Panties - if you love goats as much as you love panties, you have come to the right blog.  Goat-love. Furry and funny.

These are of course in no particular order and it was hard to narrow the list to seven, but there you are.  Give yourselves a hand and a grab a beautiful blogger award on the way out!

8 comments:

Acting Balanced Mom said...

Awe thanks for offering to send it back... but I'm glad you shared it with others cause now I'm going blog surfing :)

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Thank you for this Beeyootiful award. I'm honored!

Hope you have a wonderful week, Miz Dinah!

:)

- Margaret

Jill said...

Thanks so much!

Sassy said...

Thank you! Sorry I jumped the gun on my own post. I am honored to be listed in the same category as Goats on Panties.

Eva Gallant said...

Congrats on the award.
Thanks for visiting my blog on my SITS day. Hope you come by again soon.

Eva Gallant said...

OMG! I had to come back and tell you I love the D-strings comment! I hope you don't mind if I use it sometime in the future. That so cracked me up!!!

Fragrant Liar said...

Dear Gogina,

Woo-hoo! I love it. To the academy, thank you so much for my award.

To my kids, thank you for the heartburn -- er, wait, inspiration.

To my exes, thank you for the -- no, I got nothin' there . . .

Anyhoo, THANK YOU!

Fragrant Liar said...

P.S. I loved your list.

My feet are always getting tangled up in sheets.