Monday, May 11, 2009

Mommy Wii Love You

I had a great Mother's Day.

A steaming cup of bold coffee, strawberry crepes and bacon (any day I get to eat bacon is a special day!). It was like my last supper (breakfast?), because I was presented with a Wii Fit for Mother's Day. That explains why hubby was asking me if "hypothetically" I would be offended by a) a talking scale or b) something useful like a toaster. I am thrilled, actually. I like the fact that I can set goals, track my progress, and be accountable to someone other than myself (because let's face it, I can justify anything). I'm not thrilled with my BMI, my weight, and my fitness level, so this is a fun hop-skip-and-a-step in the right direction. And good for the whole family. In fact, jgirl spent over an hour skiing, walking the tightrope and hula-hooping.

The rest of the afternoon was spent on our landscaping project, which earned us a cold beer to go along with our stiff muscles. Hey, I have muscles! Where did those come from? Dinner was a fabulous medley of honey garlic chicken breasts, seven-grain salad, steamed broccoli, and a spinach salad that my sister-in-law contributed. It was a garlicky festival of awesomeness in my mouth, mingled with sips of Italian red wine and followed by nibbles of dark Lindt chocolate.

Does it get any better than that?

1 comment:

ronb said...

Glad you enjoyed your day!