Friday, September 26, 2008

Wish I Were Here...

Playa Del Carmen

This is one of my favourite photos. It was taken during our vacation to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico in March of this year. I have a hard time relaxing (even when stretched out on the couch like a slug I am stressed and unrelaxed). This day in particular, my husband went out jet-skiing in the ocean, while our daughter and I walked down to a semi-secluded beach to play in the sand and watch for Daddy. The water was so beautifully tropical, the sand was warm and soft. I sat and watched our daughter build a sandcastle and collect shells and rocks, and we waved to Daddy when he zipped back and forth on the jet-ski. I felt very relaxed, snapping pictures of her as she ran to the edge of the waves in her new red sarong, her hair whipping gently in the breeze. Every time I look at those photos I remember how peaceful and relaxed that moment was.

**First picture posted (ever) as part of Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Fiesta!

8 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

It is never too late to join! I am so glad you decided to take the plunge!

That really is a fabulous picture. Amazing how a simple photograph can transport us to a different state of mind.

Hey, maybe you are close to inventing time travel!

Teri said...

I LOVE this shot! The red sarong really pops in this scene. And I know what you mean about being transported back in time via a photo. Great!

Found you on Candid Carrie.

Dee Light said...

Love the photo!

Miz Dinah said...

Thanks guys!

Weeksie50 said...

What a beautiful picture..
Your right.. It seems to make
all your cares slip away...

Karen said...

I love this photo. It just looks so carefree and happy. !!

Lindsay said...

I love that picture! I hope you had it framed. We stayed near Playa del Carmen for our honeymoon three years ago, and I loved it. Very relaxing (except when your husband gets scratched by a coral while snorkeling), beautiful, and the best Mexican food I've ever had.

American in Norway said...

What an awesome picture! Love the colors.. her running... it is just perfect!