Saturday, March 8, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favourite Blogs...

When I first signed up to Blogger, the very first blog I visited was the Blog of Note for the day, Homemade By Jill. The fact that it was noteworthy by Blogger, combined with the promise of homemade goodies prompted me to click the link.

The first thing I saw was a pretty girl (presumably Jill) around my age, the second was the cutest pair of lavender cloth baby shoes. Adorable! The more I scrolled, the more I was enthralled by the talent this craftstress possessed - the sock animals, then the onesie cookies with tiny piped icing. Then I happened upon the Diaper Cake Tutorial. I was in awe. It was the most beautiful, professional looking Diaper Cake I have ever seen. It was reminiscent of a wedding cake, all white and green and pink, with decadent roses that turned out to be made of coffee filters. Amazing! This instantly became my favourite blog and I scoured it until I had devoured all her sensational creations. Then I noticed Jill had another blog...

Bee-Boppin' the Boroughs in which she and best friend Meg photo-chronicle their travels through the streets of NYC whilst wearing stripey purple hats. They are very comical, and have a yen for doughnuts that is fulfilled during nearly every walk. There is even a spare hat for guest Bee-Boppers that join the walk. The captions are very entertaining. So this has become one of my other favourite blogs.

Cakes by Kelsie is another Blog of Note that caught my eye. The cakes and other goodies are the creations of a 16-year-old aspiring caketeer, Kelsie. They are quite good, and you can tell she is learning a lot. Her Webkinz cookies are spectacular.

I have come across a few other blogs that would be worthy to note, if only I could remember what they were now. I am not a talented crafter or photographer, and although I consider myself a pretty good cook and baker, I don't have much time for either since I work 40 hours a week. When I get home from work my main goal is to get some tasty food inside me, stat! While delicious, it is not picture-worthy as I don't plate everything or have time to snap pics. I try not to bake too much, because it leads to eating too much. Kudos to those who do take the time to present a pretty plate and post pictures of their culinary artwork for the rest of us to enjoy!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ah, the flotsam and jetsam of the web. I faceblogged earlier today about a website: http://www.limerickdb.com which I think you will find mightily funny, but faceblogging (flogging?) is turning out to be unsatisfying, or maybe I just need to find readership. Anyway, I'm thinking of blogging elsewhere is what I'm saying. Keep it up, sistah.

Miz Dinah said...

Ahh...flogging. I never got into flogging. I prefer the anonymity that facebook cannot offer. I have spent considerable time blog surfing (blurfing?...mmm, maybe not). Found a few that caught my eye. Let me know when your blog is open for my reading pleasure!

Checked out the limericks. Very funny, especially the dirty ones, naturally. This one is my favourite though: http://www.limerickdb.com/?257.

Miz Dinah said...

If I may be so bold...removed the bold tags from my name. Worked in the template, but apparently not the comments. :P

Kelsie said...

Thanks for the link and the kind comment. I would have to say the the Webkinz cookies are some of my favorites too! :)
~~Kelsie